Monday, July 15, 2013

Cross-country Adventure, Day 5: People & Places

When asking the kids what they wanted to do while we were in Indiana, the Commons playground was at the top of their lists.  We were extra blessed to be able to go with our friends from MOPS.



 Between all of us, there were quite a few kiddos, but this sweet little one was the newest.  Over the course of the day, I think we all had a chance to get our baby fix!




I am always amazed at how much of baby person Eli is.  I truly think he loves children-- until they are old enough to take his toys!


I loved watching our little cluster of girls catching up.



After a lot of playing, it was time for a pizza lunch.  


Ellie sat next to David at the restaurant.  It has always amazes me how much these two look alike.  Here they are in June, 2013.

And here they were in July, 2012:


There was lots of craziness trying to keep children calm while waiting for food...





And there certainly was a mess when we left!  (I was certainly glad not to have to clean that up!)


After refueling we were off the KidCommons, the local children's museum.  KidCommons prides itself on its large toilet slide.  Unfortunately, I didn't capture the kiddos in action there!  

But there was also plenty of time for crafts and cars, cockroaches and crashing.  Before I knew it, it was 4:30 and time to move on.  I am so thankful for such fun memories of friends who have become like family to me!





After a day full of action, it was time for a nice laid-back dinner at Jonathan Byrd's with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandmother.  Ruby took full advantage of Aunt Sharon's empty lap!  Kudos to my 86 year old grandmother who allowed us to literally pick her up and throw her gingerly place her in our Suburban! 


No comments:

Post a Comment