Wednesday, January 9, 2013

He's Asking Me About Table Manners?

After seeing Ruby cash in her "date with dad" coupon on Saturday, Eli was anxious to cash in a coupon of his own.  He wanted to go bowling with Mom.  I don't know where the urge to go bowling came from, I have only taken him bowling once-- when I was pregnant with Ruby seven years ago-- well, maybe that's exactly where the bowling urge came from!

We first went to lunch at Olive Garden.  He had never been to an Olive Garden before, so he was psyched to try it out.  We had awesome conversation, a wonderful server on her first day of the job after 20 years as a stay-at-home mom, and at one point, Eli even asked me if it was "okay" to dip his breadstick in his soup.  For a boy who regularly picks up his entire slab of meat with a fork and starts gnawing it like a wild animal, that was a big deal!

After an incredible chicken Parmesan lunch, we headed to the bowling alley.  I was a bit traumatized as a kid by an adult trying to "teach" me to bowl, so I decided to just let him do his thing with very little input from me. It turns out, we're both terrible bowlers!




This was such a special date with him.  I know it to be true, but sometimes life gets in the way and I forget how grown-up he is getting!


No comments:

Post a Comment