Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day of School, First Day of School

Yesterday was the first day of the school year.  I had some mixed emotions about the whole thing (as I always do).  I know that Eli and Ruby were getting quite sick of each other, but on the other hand, it has been a LOT of fun exploring our new surroundings together.
 
 
Ready or not, yesterday was the day.  On the first day of school I always wake up with Nemo's voice in my head saying, "First day of school!  First day of school!".
 
The kids woke up to this Pintrest inspired breakfast table and a stack of pancakes.


I tried to sneak these into both of their lunch boxes.  Of course, both of them caught be.  I stink at being sneaky!
 


 
After lots of jobs, a 2nd outfit for Ruby, and lots of "Do we have?"s, it was time for the photo session-- Mom's favorite part...
 
 



 
...not so much Eli's favorite part!  I love this photo because I can practiclly hear him saying, "Mooooommmm!" when I see it.  I see this a lot, so I might as well have a photo of it!



I love when they look like they like each other!
 
 
Then it was time to walk to school.  Yes, walk.  We are only 7 blocks from school, much to my delight, we walked to and from school the first day.  I hope it becomes a regular thing.  I get to cross exercise off my list, the kids get to school-- it's a win/ win!
 


Because of some confusion on my part about pick-up procedures, it took me a while to find the kids after school.  This sent Ruby into tears for the first time.  Both of the kids shouted at the same time took turns telling me about their days on the way home.  Our next door neighbor even came out to ask the kids about their first day (which I thought was the coolest thing ever!). 
 
It wasn't until we were walking into the parking lot of our church-house when Ruby told me about missing recess because she spent too long eating lunch.  Poor girl (I feel sorry for her, but seriously, sometimes she spends an hour eating dinner-- it gets old-- maybe she'll learn to cut it down to 30 mins?).  After we came into the house, it was time to call Grammie and Granddaddy in Indiana and tell them about their day.  All in all, a great start to the new school year, until Eli's glasses broke.....


No comments:

Post a Comment