Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Vegetarian

Let me preface this by saying, Ruby, my 5 year old, has been a vegitarian most of her life.  Trust me, this is nothing we have encouraged, she is just not a huge fan of meat.  The past 6 months or so, she has been getting better about at least trying the meat-- especially if she's allowed to dip it in ketchup. 

This morning at the breakfast table there was some discussion about last nights dinner (maple/ almond chicken, rice, and green beans, just in case you were wondering).  Eli used the term "chicken breasts" to describe our main course.  A heated discussion ensued and I said, "Yes Ruby, you ate chicken breast last night".  Then she proceeds to grab herself in the upper region and say, "chicken breasts?".  I then confirmed and she gave me the biggest look of disgust.  (It is kind of weird if you think about it too long).  Yep, I'm thinking that Ruby might return to her vegetarian ways tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment