Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Baked Potatoes.. in the Crock... yes, you can do that!


I had a day last week when I needed dinner done when I got home-- all of dinner-- not just the main course. I decided to look for crock pot potato recipes. I found lots of mashed potato recipes with lots of cream cheese, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love those, but for a Tuesday night, I wanted something... less.


I found this on http://www.food.com/. I had no idea you could cook baked potatoes in the crock pot! I think this may be my new fav recipe! BTW, when I cook baked potatoes in the oven, I put EVOL and salt on the skin before baking; don't do that here-- it didn't work well.



Crock Pot Baked Potatoes

Ingredients:


Potatoes


Foil


Directions:


1. Stab potatoes with fork.


2. Wrap each in foil & put in crock.


3. Cover and cook on high 2 1/2 to 4 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours. *From my experience, I'd say go with the longer cooking times.


4. Do not add water.

No comments:

Post a Comment