Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Here Comes the Parade

* I can't believe I left out our bicycle parade from the original post!*

My friend Aubrey always organized a bike parade in her neighborhood need Independence Day.  Although I waited until the last minute, I decided to try to bring the same tradition to Minot.  My friend Lindsay took the idea and ran with it!  It is awesome to have crafty friends (and it's also helpful to have friends with more energy than yourself!).

I did take the time to make these easy, peasy shirts with my three kiddos.





Lindsay made a great banner for the big kids to lead with...



and she even had popsicles at the "finish line"!





Last year on the 4th, our family was scattered in 3 different directions.  This year we wanted to do something special... together!

We decided to start the day off with a parade in nearby Velva, ND.  The kids loved it, especially the collecting candy part!






David was pretty fond of all the different types of vehicles.  That boys loves his cars!






After the parade we proceeded to a local park where more fun activities were taking place.









And ended with a free swim at the Velva pool.




Last weekend was the kick-off of the North Dakota State Fair, which is in our town.  My Mother's of Pre-Schoolers (MOPS) group entered a float in the parade.  Ruby, Eli, and I also walked in the parade.



These were taken right before the rain started!


There was a lot of waiting for the parade to begin.  I was so thankful I had left David at home with Dad!






The MOPS theme for 2013- 2014 is A Beautiful Mess!


Our little float queen Avery waved the entire 3 miles!


Because our group had not participated in the parade in a good many years, we had no idea how many people to prepare for.  Because of this, we ran out of candy-- fast!  But Eli decided to start handing out high 5's instead.  I love that kid!




Our MOPS Finance person ended up being the coordinator for our float.  Here she is being interviewed by the local news.


And... there goes the parades!





No comments:

Post a Comment