Friday, July 19, 2013

Cross-country Adventure, Day 7 1/2: Leo, Lettuce, and Logs

After the Star War exhibit excitement, it was time for a laid back kind of visit.  We went to visit my grandma, aunt, uncle and cousin.  Since we left Indiana, they had gotten a new puppy, Leo.  I honestly think that if David had done nothing the entire trip except meet Leo, he still would have left a very happy camper!




My uncle Mike was doing some planting and Ruby and David could not wait to put their hands in dirt help!  I am not a gardener AT ALL, so this was a fantastic experience for them.



Uncle Mike was most patient!


We did a lot of sitting around the camp fire and enjoying each other's company.


(I adore this photo of my grandma!)


And, of course, spending more time with Leo!







 Ruby caught a lightening bug for the first time in years.  (I always remember this as being a staple of childhood summers.)  


Just like lightening bugs put into a jar, our vacation time was coming to an end... quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment