Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WLW: It's a lifestyle


So today's WLW topic is about lifestyle changes.

For the last 11 1/2 weeks, I have been training to walk a mini-marathon.  I was somewhat coerced by my aunt Sharon to do this.  I anticipated that I would walk the Indianapolis Marathon this year, maybe for a few years in a row, and that would be the end of it.

I think I shared that 7 weeks into training I would have given anything to do something beside walking-- Wii Fit, EA Sports active, Pilate's-- ANYTHING.  I have never in my life been so sick of putting one foot in front of the other. 

Then... it happened.  The light switched flipped.  And here I am, think about running 5Ks.  There's one of Thanksgiving I'm considering (even though it would mean training while on vacation).  There's another a few weeks before Christmas.

I also have discovered how awful I feel after I eat out.  I just feel like an absolute slug.  So lately I have doing a much better job of avoiding going out to eat as much as possible (this is HUGE around here).
Now, I continue to enjoy sugar more than I should, but you can't change everything all at once, right? 

To me, learning to enjoy exercise and pushing myself in that way is a very big lifestyle change.  And for now, I'm very happy with that!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! Isn't it amazing how we can enjoy exercise?!!? I used to think people were crazy for that. Now I know you really can enjoy sweating. What a good feeling! I can't wait to hear all about your walk! Take care my friend! And thanks for joining WLWed!

    ReplyDelete