Saturday, August 27, 2011

Zoo-lebration

The last day of summer vacation began with a trip to the doctor's office for Eli.  We thought he had chicken pox just like his little sister had 2 weeks earlier; luckily we were wrong.
Posted by Picasa

When I knew we weren't going to be sitting at home under quarantine, I asked E & R what they wanted to do.  They both agreed (insert moment of utter disbelieve) they wanted to go to the zoo.
 

This time I splurged for the train ride.  (We have an annual membership to the zoo this year.  In spite of that, they still charge you for the train ride!  Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Children's Museum's free carousel rides for members.)  I'm glad I did!
Posted by Picasa

Maybe something's a little wrong with me, but the funniest part of the trip was listening to my kids laugh about the fact that one turtle was giving the other a "piggy back ride".  Ummmmm... no.
Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa
The last thing we did before we left was to play on the playground.


Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa
And, on the way home, we stopped at the "mixed up DQ" for a dip cone.
 
A sweet end to a delicious summer!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment