Friday, March 25, 2011

Dishwashers and bike rides (Spring Break, part 1)

Posted by Picasa
(This was our happy girl at the beginning of our walk. Her face looked much different on the way back!)



Spring Break began with a large shopping trip... to Lowes. My days of fighting a poor quality, dying dishwasher were over! When we got home at about 8pm Friday night, Jason went right to work with instillation (gotta love that guy!).

Posted by Picasa
(Eli along the People Trail. I was amazed at how well he did on his bike for the first time this season.)




I woke up Saturday morning to find my kitchen in shambles-- old dishwasher in front of the fridge, drawers pulled out, cardboard and styrofoam everywhere. Ugh! I knew that keeping Eli and Ruby happy and preventing David from eating things he shouldn't would be a challenge (that's putting it nicely!).



Posted by Picasa
Luckily, we had beautiful weather that day, so I threw the kiddos, the bikes, and the stroller in the minivan and headed off to a wonderful people trail about 5 mins from our house.



It was a wonderful ride. David was absolutely silent; he was so in awe of everything around him. That was a real blessing when Ruby had a meltdown of epic proportions!


By the time we got back home, the dishwasher situation was nearly resolved. All in all, a great start to Spring Break!


BTW, just in case you are wondering, the dishwasher is a Bosch and it has been lifechanging. I know how dramatic that sounds, but I am so serious. Day old pancake batter, no problem. Burnt on cheese, easy breezy. I never pre-wash anymore and it is bearly audible (very important for the sensory defensive little guy!).

1 comment:

  1. I hated when my dishwasher bit the dust. So glad you got a new one. The kids looked like they had a great time on the people trail. I loved riding on it with the kids and we lived so close we were on it almost every weekend. Hope you have more beautiful days like that one soon.

    ReplyDelete