Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Remembering Grandpa Bob

Posted by Picasa
Grandpa Bob went to live with Jesus 6 years ago today. Because I lost my father very early, Grandpa was my only real father figure. He taught me to ride a bike, how to dive, and walked me down the aisle when I got married. When I changed my major to elementary ed in college and had to take Physics 210, Grandpa bought an extra textbook so he could help me with my homework over the phone. (Trust me, I needed a LOT of help!) He sent me personal notes at least once a month while I was at Purdue, just to encourage me. When Grandpa lost his leg in a horrific car accident, he was the picture of positive attitude in the face of adversity. And when Parkinson's began to deteriorate his body, he continued to have a constant smile on his face and make his family a priority. I miss him daily and am very saddened that he never got to meet Ruby (who would have absolutely had him wrapped around her pinkie finger!) and David, but I look forward to the time we will be together again.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to remember your grandfather Christine. He sounds like a remarkable man.

    ReplyDelete