Monday, July 26, 2010

Messy Monday

The sunset we happened upon last night

My Aunt Sharon with David

My cousin Haley with David


A recent photo of Grandma Alice (the only one I got of her last night did not turn out well)



Boys from Eli's pack at Wright Patterson




It seems to me that the messy our house is on Monday morning, the more fun we had over the weekend. Let me just say, my house is a wreck:)

Eli & Jason left the house bright and early Saturday morning for a cub scout field trip to Wright Patterson Air Force Museum. They had a fantastic time and were gone from about 7:30 am to 7:30 pm! I have heard a lot of snippets about airplanes, and it seems that Eli really loved the airplane painted up like a shark best.

Well, the girls couldn't let the boys have all the fun! Ruby and I (and David) went to the theatre to see "Ramona & Beezus". The highlight for us eating a big bag of popcorn! The popcorn consumption in our house has gone WAY down since Eli got braces. After the movie we went to Lowe's to pick up a lamp as a present for my Grandma's birthday. It cracked me up how much Ruby loved lamp shopping! After Lowe's we decided to drop in on my Aunt Charrie. My cousin Reece was in Riley when David was born, so Charrie had not yet met David. By the time we got home, we were due for some down time, a quick dinner, and Ruby fell asleep early.


Sunday morning we went to church, had some lunch and ran some errands. After rest time, we went to Ruby Tuesdays to celebrate Grandma Alice's 85th birthday. The highlight of the night (to me) was at dinner. Grandma had ordered a strawberry lemonade, which arrived in a tall, slender glass. My aunt Sharon asked Grandma what was in her glass. Grandma got that mischievous look in her eyes and flatly stated, "Booze!". After dinner we took Grandma back to Greentree and had cupcakes and presents. After we left, I told Jason to "take the long way home" (Mommy code for: some grumpy child needs to fall asleep in the car). As we were driving, we came across the most gorgeous view of the sunset. What a perfect end to a perfect weekend.

(Sorry all the photos are at the top and in reverse order. Some day I'm going to have all this blog stuff figured out-- but today is not that day-- there's a sandbox outside with my name on it!)




















2 comments:

  1. I love the sunset...it is so pretty! Sounds like a great weekend! Our house is always messy on the weekends too...that's the way it should be! Well...it's usually messy any day ;)

    Bummer about the popcorn! {Dan said Alex may need to start his first treatment in the spring...and he LOVES popcorn...it will be rough for all of us!} Hope Eli's doing well...Love all the pics! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunset picture Christine. Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. I loved especially hearing about your grandma drinking her "booze". That is something my granny would have said too. I think sometimes we think at their age, they can't be funny. They are some of the funniest people around.

    ReplyDelete