Wednesday, May 22, 2013

End-of-the-year Teacher Gifts

It feels like this was just a few days ago...


Yet, here we are, the day before the LAST day of school!

I never seem to get my act together for Teacher Appreciation Week, so I continue to have my kiddos give their teachers presents on the last day of school.

This year, with a little help from Skip to my Lou, I created the perfect teacher present!



I'm going to call it the teacher summer survival kit.  I started with the drink dispenser ($3 in the Target dollar bin).  I went to the dollar store to see what kinds of fun things I could find to fill it up.  I found the cute tote bag, fancy beaded bookmark, and drink mix there.  I then supplemented with the water bottle and sun screen from Target.

For the tag, I printed out the poem (from Skip to my Lou) on the computer and cut it using the circle from my Creative Memories cutting system (Yes, despite having a Cricut, I still go "old school" sometimes!).  Then I cut a slightly bigger circle in yellow.  I used the Creative Memories large square punch for squares to attach to the back to make the sun rays (only showing half the squares).  I added another circle on the back of the square punches to give it a more polished look. I used a hole-punch to punch two holes and attached the sun card to the bottle with yellow ribbon from the dollar store.

Viola!  There you have it-- a fun, useful teacher gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment