Friday, March 2, 2012

{MAIN} Holidays & the curse of Pinterest

(I'm in a bit of an odd mood today. I hope you can hang with me in my rambling state)

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday.   What?  You didn't know that?  Aren't all mommies supposed to know these things?  So I got on Pinterest this morning for some extra servings of green eggs and inspiration when suddenly I started to feel so...... inferior. 

Sure, we celebrated Groundhog's Day this year with groundhog cupcakes

Posted by Picasa
... and shadow tag...
Posted by Picasa
and a footprint craft (because seriously, I can not get enough hand/ footprint crafts!).
Posted by Picasa

And Super Bowl Sunday was filled with healthier, homemade snacks...
Posted by Picasa
along with some commercial viewing...

And Valentine's Day began with a candlelight breakfast full of all things red and heart-shaped...
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa
... and lunch continued much the same way.

Posted by Picasa
What special day would be complete without the customary photo shoot...
Posted by Picasa
even if the kiddos have to be done in two groups because the youngest was wwwwaaaaaayyyy too grumpy that morning to be photographed?
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa
There were games after dinner which included Chubby Puppy-- the Valentine's Edition and Heart Bingo (even though Eli had a basketball game that night).
Posted by Picasa

And even Lead Day, the once every four years holiday that lead us to play leap frog....
Posted by Picasa

and eat frog cupcakes.

Still, after all that manufactured fun, I still feel inferior?  Why????  I'm blaming Pinterest!

So, tonight, we will be eating "boring" old green eggs and ham, Dr. Seuss hat pancakes, and 1 fish, 2 fish, goldfish crackers.  We will be reading the same old Dr. Seuss books and we will play Seuss bingo just like we did last year.  And, at the end of the night, my three kiddos will love me just as much as they would if I spent hundreds of dollars and metric tons of energy to give them a Pintrest-style Dr. Seuss Day.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! All those ideas are great. But you're right. They can leave a mom feeling inferior. You are way ahead of me. We never celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday. So I am very impressed! But then again, I'm always impressed by you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding! I thought I might be attacked for speaking poorly of Pintrest! Thank you also for your kind words. A lot days I spend feeling not too impressive!

      Delete