Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday: Making time for exercise



So this week's topic is making time for exercise. 

At this stage of the game, I actually have this one figured out.  Although, check back next week, I might have it un-figured out again:)

I am currently training for the Indianapolis Mini Marathon.  Before starting my training, I got on-line and found a training schedule for walking a mini.  I made a plan with my husband, I hung the schedule on the fridge, and I have stuck to it.  My husband and I communicate about when he is leaving for work the next day.  I get up when he does.  He gets in the shower, and I go for my walk.  This means I begin my walk between 4 and 5 am. 

Hello?  Hello?  Are you still there?  Ok, good, I thought I lost you when I said 4 am. 

Yes, that is "ugly early" (as the Harry's Chocolate Shop t-shirts used to say), but it is when I can walk without kids.  For me, a scheduled time, a required walking schedule, a goal, a deadline, and a very supportive husband (who has told me more than once how proud he is of me) has all made a huge difference.  Especially in the weeks like last week, you know the weeks where you don't care what size you where, or how healthy you are, as long as you never have to get up for another 4 am walk as long as you live?

What's working for you?

1 comment:

  1. good for you! It is early but a walk first thing in the morning, without kids is a great way to start the day. I need to get back to that too!

    ReplyDelete