Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WLW: The Pink Headband



Have I told you that I am walking my first mini in October?  I am.  I very excited... and very nervous.  Five mornings a week I get up and walk my "scheduled" time for the day.  It has been positive for me in a multitude of ways, not the least of which is having lost almost 5 pounds this month!  Yea me!

Now, in my grown-up life, I have been a size 7 and I have been a size 16 and I have been everywhere in between.  I have found that the smaller the number in the back of my jeans, the more confidence I have to be.  Don't mishear me... I am not a confident person, I was not a confident person at a size 7, nor do I think that one can simply become confident by loosing some weight.  I just find, that for me, I feel a bit more confident to move slightly out of my comfort zone when I feel that I am doing a good job of taking care of my body.  Enter the pink headband...

On Sunday, I wore a black with white polka dot dress and black sandals.  I was doing my hair and it was a particularly rough hair day, so I thought I would pull it back somehow to hide the frizz a bit.  I looked under my sink and there was my daughter's bright pink headband.  I am not a "splash of color" kind of girl, but on that particular day I decided I felt confident enough to wear that headband to break up my blah black and white ensemble. 

My daughter... delighted.  My husband... surprised, but somewhat complimentary.  My son... insulting. 

You see, sometimes when we feel brave enough to move out of our comfort zone we are met with other's delight and sometimes we are met with other's insults.  But it shouldn't really matter, what matter is, that for a few hours, I was brave enough to wear that pink headband and to wear it proudly!

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! You rock that pink headband, regardless of what others say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Yay for losing 5 lbs and wearing a pink headband. And congrats on being brave enough to enter the mini. I am sure you will do great!

    Thanks for joining Weight Loss Wednesday! Blessings to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete