Today is the last Wednesday of Lent. I set a goal of exercising every day, for 40 days to give myself a small taste of the sacrifice of Jesus' actions. Here is what I have learned through the journey...
1. Even walking for 40 mins, in 40 degree temperatures, with stinging rain beating down on you, pales in comparison to Good Friday. WOW!
2. The more you exercise in front of your children, the more they want to exercise themselves.
3. Not every friend is going to be happy for you when you tell her you lost weight.
4. My family does not feel neglected, or slighted, or love me any less just because I exercised some evenings instead of sitting down and watching a movie with them.
5. Regular exercise makes a huge difference emotionally and physically. I'm less overwhelmed, happier with my physical appearance, and exerience less chronic pain.
What have you "learned along the journey" (weight loss related or not)?