Monday, April 11, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Vietnamese Roasted Chicken


I found a new recipe on my favorite blog... okay, I'm always saying, "my favorite blog"... so many favorite blogs... How about my favorite cooking blog?! Yea, that will work. Okay, so I found a new recipe on my favorite cooking blog called Vietnamese Roasted Chicken. I didn't know about this one. I was a little afraid we were going to end up tossing it and calling a pizza, but, much to my DELIGHT, this is one of my new fav meals! Seriously, you've got to try this, like tomorrow!



Vietnamese Roasted Chicken


Ingredients:


4-6 chicken thighs (I used boneless & was glad I did when the meat was falling apart)


1 1/2 T soy sauce (I subbed Bragg's Liquid Aminos for IC reasons)


1 1/2 T fish sauce (we had this on hand, if you don't, look in the asian sec of grocery store)


1 1/2 t white sugar


1/2 t black pepper


4 cloves chopped garlic


1 T oil


Preparation:


Put chicken in crock. Mix remaining ingredients and pour on top of chicken. Cook on low about 6 hours or on low 3 to 4 hours. Serve over rice. (For our family of 5, I doubled the recipe, which gave us about 7 servings.)

No comments:

Post a Comment