Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Grandma's Cheese Ball

Posted by Picasa
I am a sucker for several things. One would be family traditions, another would be recipes, a third, would be cheese! YUM!
I found this cheese ball recipe, written in my Grandma Alice's handwriting, right before our Kotnik family Christmas gathering. Because I am following an IC friendly diet, I have made some adaptations, but this is still the yummiest cheese ball I have ever had. It also is super simple to make (seriously, I can't believe I ever purchased a cheese ball!). Without further rambling, here it is...
Cheese Ball
1 pound white American cheese, torn into pieces
8 oz regular cream cheese (not low fat!)
1/2 stick butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder (if you can tolerate)
crushed almonds
Mix first 5 ingredients and shape into ball (I use my Kitchen Aid, but it could be done by hand as well). Roll in crushed almonds. *The original recipe calls for for 1/2 teaspoon worchestershire sauce. If you are not following an IC diet, feel free to include it.*

No comments:

Post a Comment